REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ANDERSON, GRIMES COUNTY, TEXAS, THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2022
Notice is hereby given that the Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will be held on Thursday, the 8th day of December 2022, beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall, 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX, at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
1. Call to order:
• Roll call
• Establish quorum
• Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. Flag
• Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag
2. Public Comments: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the Meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the regular meeting on 11/10/22.
4. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the special meeting on 11/30/22.
5. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
6. Consider and take action to select administration / project delivery service provider(s) to complete application and project implementation for the CDBG MIT-MOD funding administered by the Texas General Land Office by Resolution #99-22.
7. Consider and take action to select engineer to complete application and project-related engineering / architectural services for the CDBG MIT-MOD funding administered through the Texas General Land Office by Resolution #100-22.
8. Conduct a public hearing where citizens will have the opportunity to appear before Town Council regarding a request submitted to the Town of Anderson for the city limits and the extra-territorial jurisdiction of the Town of Anderson to be included in the proposed Grimes County Emergency Services District No. 2.
a. Open Public Hearing
b. Close Public Hearing
9. Consider and take action on adopting a resolution of the Town Council to consent to or reject a request received by the Town of Anderson to include the territory in the city limits and the extra-territorial jurisdiction of the Town of Anderson within the proposed Grimes County Emergency Services District No. 2 under Resolution #101-22.
10. Consider and take action to address Entergy power poles and energy alternatives along Main St, water supplies, and downtown parking issues.
11. Consider and take action and approve any necessary resolution regarding a request from Tamara Menges for the Town of Anderson to abandon, or to consider an offer to purchase from the Town of Anderson, the portion of Pecan Street that stretches from East Buffington to the property line of R20409.
12. Consider and take action to approve an agreement between the Town of Anderson and the County of Grimes authorizing the Election Administrator to conduct the election.
13. Quarterly Sewer Report – Brian Colbert
14. Anderson Fest Report
15. Christmas Parade Report
16. Around Town
17. Permit report
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections 551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted in the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 5th day of December 2022, at 3:45 p.m.