REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ANDERSON, GRIMES COUNTY, TEXAS, THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2023
Notice is hereby given that the Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will be held on Thursday, the 12th day of January 2023, beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall, 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX, at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
1. Call to order:
• Roll call
• Establish quorum
• Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. Flag
• Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag
2. Public Comments: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the public comment portion of the meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the regular meeting on 12/8/22.
4. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
5. Consider and take action on request from Judge Joe Fauth to waive or reduce sewer connection fee at the Animal Rescue Center.
6. Consider and take action on update and the following requests submitted to the Town Council by Kason Menges:
a. Request for a public statement from the Town stating that the Menges family in no way illegally took over Town property as stated in publicly read letter from Robert Seamans in the December meeting
b. Request that a “No Outlet/Dead End” sign be installed at the intersection of E Buffington and Pecan St
c. Request that the Town close and abandon a portion of undeveloped and unused right-of-way consisting of a portion of Pecan Street.
7. Consider and take action on disposing of folding chairs and 2-tier chair cart dolly.
8. Consider and take action to set a date for the next Town of Anderson Clean Up Day.
9. Around Town
10. Permit report
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections 551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted in the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 9th day of January 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Pam Johnson, Town Clerk