REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ANDERSON, GRIMES COUNTY, TEXAS, THURSDAY, MARCH 9, 2023
Notice is hereby given that the Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will be held on Thursday, the 9th day of March 2023, beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall, 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX, at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
1. Call to order:
• Roll call
• Establish quorum
• Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. Flag
• Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag
2. Public Comments: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the public comment portion of the meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the regular meeting on 2/9/23.
4. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
5. Consider and take action to approve Proclamation for Child Abuse Awareness for the month of April.
6. Consider and take action to adopt Ordinance #161-23 cancelling general election for mayor and aldermen.
7. Consider and take action to amend Ordinance #148-22 to amend the approved Anderson Community Center Building Lease Agreement to provide that no cash payments may be accepted.
8. Consider and take action to purchase 2 cell phones to replace the current procedures in place of payment to mayor for cell phone allowance. The current procedures will remain in place until the current mayor’s term is up.
9. Consider and take action on the 2023 Consumer Price Index (CPI) Adjustment to Municipal Telecommunications Right-of-Way Access Line Rates.
10. Consider and possible action on applying for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Park Grants.
11. Updates on the following:
a. ARPA projects
b. Discussions with County on office space and venue options
c. Texas Department of Transportation on downtown ADA renovations and sale of Loop 429
d. Abatement properties
12. Consider and possible action on “branding” for the Town of Anderson
13. Consider and possible action on “Welcome to Anderson” signs
14. Around Town
15. Permit report
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections 551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted in the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 6th day of March 2023 at 3:45 p.m.