REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ANDERSON, GRIMES COUNTY, TEXAS,
THURSDAY, APRIL 13, 2023
Notice is hereby given that the Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will be held on Thursday, the 13th day of April 2023, beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall, 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX, at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
1. Call to order:
• Roll call
• Establish quorum
• Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. Flag
• Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag. “Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.”
2. Public Comments: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the public comment portion of the meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the regular meeting on 3/9/23.
4. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
5. Consider and possible action on additional funding made available on Harvey Grant.
6. Consider and take action on street repairs as proposed by Grimes County Road & Bridge.
7. Consider and take action on 2 (two) CDs that are maturing on 4/16/23.
8. Consider and take action to approve the Interlocal Agreement with Grimes County regarding subdivision jurisdiction in the Town’s extraterritorial jurisdiction.
9. Consider and take action to approve the updated Interlocal Agreement with Grimes County regarding road work, law enforcement, and 9-1-1 addressing.
10. Updates on the following:
a. ARPA projects
b. Town Clean Up Day on April 29, 2023
c. Abatement properties
11. Around Town
12. Permit report
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections 551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted in the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 10th day of April 2023 at 3:45 p.m.
Pam Johnson, Town Clerk