NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on July 11, 2013 at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, recite Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please sign in on the required form located on the table at the back of the room if you wish to speak. Please limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, ask staff to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, June 13, 2013.
4. Discuss/approve acceptance of resignation of Tom Johanson from the Board.
5. Trevor Royal from Pro-Star Waste will present his company to the board.
6. Consider/approve interlocal agreement with Grimes County.
7. Review/discuss/approve ordinance on mowing nuisance properties in town.
8. Consider/approve bids to spray and/or mow weeds, etc. in town.
9. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
10. Discuss and review progress on current projects and workshop items.
11. If necessary, enter into closed meeting to receive advice from attorney on legal matters. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
12. Take action of items discussed in closed session if necessary.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 7:00pm on July 2, 2013.
TOWN OF ANDERSON
AGENDA FOR TOWN WORKSHOP
JULY 11, 2013 3PM – 7PM
1. Finalize proposed Mowing Ordinance;
2. Discuss the procedures for annexation, and general guidelines for
identifying properties to be annexed;
3. Discuss need for junk vehicle ordinance;
4. Road maintenance needs of the town, including drainage;
5. Development of Historic District;
6. Parking needs for residents, businesses, county employees, visitors and special events;
7. Discuss procedures necessary for efficient coordination of special events;
8. Enforcement of existing condemnation ordinance; and
9. Identify other ordinances that would benefit the town.
10. Discuss with TxDOT future upgrades for traffic control and safety.
For each goal, identify the necessary resources for implementation –
personnel, volunteers, expertise and financial support required.
For each goal, if the resources have been identified and are available,
identify a potential timeline and strategy for implementation.
For each goal, if more information is needed, task the appropriate board
member or volunteer to gather the information.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Workshop Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 7:00pm on July 2, 2013.
ADDENDUM TO THE
JULY 11, 2013 MEETING AGENDA
FOR THE TOWN OF ANDERSON
6.a. Anderson-Shiro CISD would like to ask the City of Anderson for an easement/permission to bore under Hill St. at the corner of the elementary parking lot to the volunteer fire department (or wherever works best in that area) for fiber installation. The line will run parallel to the water line. Discuss/consider/approve giving the school permission to do so.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 5:30pm on July 8, 2013.