NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 8, 2013 at 7:00P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, ask staff to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, July 11, 2013.
4. Review and take action on documents granting A-S CISD permission for company to bore under Hill St.
5. Consider/take action on Howard property.
6. Discuss/consider/approve (first reading) of health and safety ordinances.
7. Discuss/consider/approve TXDOT’s new agreement with city concerning Master Gardeners beautification project.
8. Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2013 as prepared by Bill Sullivan, Chief Appraiser for Grimes County.
9. Discuss the 2013-2014 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
10. Consider/approve moving meeting for September from the 12th to the 19th and holding public tax hearings on the same evening.
11. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
12. Review items discussed at town workshop.
13. Enter into closed meeting to receive legal advice on matters related to the condemnation and other issues. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
14. Return to open meeting and take final action as necessary on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 am on August 2, 2013.